Monday, November 26, 2007

Handyman...???

Last week can be said the hardest week so far after my return from annual leave. I already started leaving the office late after everybody else leaving.

Upgrading capacity for route Bandung-Cirebon took most of my time. A piece of cake task actually, but since this is changing equipments activities and configuration of installed equipments are not as it were planned, it make me confuse a lots. I can’t trust the data from implementation team coz in some cases it is different with frequency scanning. So I have to look the actual data from Netviewer and compare it one by one with both data from implementation team and frequency scanning results. Well, in the end I finish these activities in two days.

Then I turned my attention to completely wasted task came Voldemort. He asked this a week ago already, but I kept delay it with reason capacity upgrade is more important. Why it’s such a wasted task??? I do believe my Boss info that he’s trying his ways out to be extended in this project, and one of his ways is by providing many scenarios for Backbone traffic but in the end we don’t know which one is to be used. Anyway why he was so intent to this project if that he is going to leave at beginning of December? Finally I finish planning Ring Protection for Backbone starting from Medan to Jakarta and from Denpasar to Kediri in last minute before I left office last Friday. In total there are 86 links and most of them passing over the mountainous area so I need to be very cautious about road access. To be safe, I put my initial and my Boss’s approval for this design so that Voldemort won’t be able to claim the result was coming from his side. Hahaha….

Is that all…??? Nope, the process of moving planning team from NPA to MSA caused me and some other friends take more duties to do. WO approval (thanks God finally I was allowed to be taken out) that sending me almost 80 emails per day and most of them not related with transmission, taking care of for problem in access network in all region (after a month there are lot of people not aware that I’m part of MSA now so I didn’t get noticed in sometime hahaha…), even planning for MGW Menado was delegated to me. Each of them small task actually and I’m more than capable for those tasks, but these whole things can drive the jealousy inside me. Jealous for my SoW and benefits that are nothing compare to others.

This is not complains, but a way to express my thoughts for the things I believe unfair. My Boss said that there is not such a “fair” thing in work environments, there are only right timing and right opportunity. It is our duty to make our self available as a right person in right time for the right opportunity.

Hahaha…I guess I have to remove TNP MW Backbone Planner and change it to TNP Handyman Planner in my email’s signature. Hahaha….

Publish Post

dedete

[Sunday, November 25th, 2007]

No comments: