Monday, November 26, 2007

Another Way

Early July 2007 I attended the workshop with DGPT regarding frequencies for networks we built and managed. I supposed this is a kind of “bribe” my Boss offered me due to my contract extension disappointment. He called me after workshop and I answered, “yeah, this workshop is good enough to fill my days”. Suddenly he mad and yelled at me, “Why are you complaining too much?”

Lately I knew he also had the same problem due to his transfer to Indonesia, and he did his most for us the new staffs under his lead. I started to change my attitude since then, changed my way of expressing opinions to others, learning and accepting my role in new organization of TNP. Thanks to God, I still have his trust until now.

Last Wednesday, due to many WOs approval me and Lonce took care, also due to our workload that day, he took us both down for coffee. There we talked lots about merger issues and its effects. He started it…!!!

“You remember that person move from here last year? After merger he became under me again and about to be permanent employee? Come guys, I know your workload and you must be mad looking at others benefit compare to yours. But look, there a not such fairness in work. That person just gets lucky since he is in the right time for right opportunity. For you at least you can be sure that there will be a job for another three years with this expansion.”

“Don’t always look at the money coz I’m loosing more money in these three months than your monthly salary. Maybe you can move to other company and find a better salary. This is another way for you to rapidly increasing your rate and your career. You need to remember that company can buy competence everywhere, but they look more in personality whether you can be a right person for permanent position or not. Here more complicated now day compare to before merger.”

Many thanks Boss for your honesty and your trust on us to share these all. I believe that if it not here, than I have to look elsewhere to be a right person in the right time for a right job. There will be always another way; even we can change our destiny if we work hard for it. Meanwhile, I love to work with you and will learn more from you. But I’m still looking for that another way…in another day…

Dedete

[Sunday, November 25th, 2007]

No comments: