Friday, November 9, 2007

Destiny to Lift the Burden of Others, Do it Even with Beautiful Pain.

For those who ever listened to “Amazing” by Aerosmith, I bet u must know this phrase


“Life is a Journey, not a Destination”


Me myself, I don’t know exactly what is the difference between those two words. Maybe I have to ask my sister who studied English, but I guess I’m too proud of my self that I won’t let her know that I don’t understand difference between those two words :)

From my understanding, destination means that certain place or purpose to where we are heading for. Saying so, it’s mean that a scenario is already set up from the beginning so we just live to go through it. While in the other hand I used to know the word Journey as trip to certain place but no scenario has been set up. We must find our own way how start, what mission to be accomplished, what is to needed to prepare, learn all the way along the journey until we finish that journey it self.

I said that Destination is part of Journey and we live in this world as a journey by having certain destination.

This is my journey and (what is) my destination (?)

As I was a kid I used to imagine that when I turn to a grown up person, I will become a very powerful person many people fate are depend on the moves and decisions I make. Not to brag my self, but a close friend of mine once said this to me, “You have destiny to lift the other’s burden, do it even with the beautiful pain”.

Humiliated by fact that my sister (who started studying at college two years after me) had graduated from Medical faculty, I put all the strength that still left in me, took all the anger and humiliation and started to run (sprint indeed) finishing the college just not to get more humiliated. And when I made graduation from college, it came to my head; why should I care about the others…???

Why…???

October 2006, I made my way home in Aceh for the first time after five years and 2.5 years not ever seen any member of my family. Also on October 2007 I made my trip back to home. During my last visit to Aceh, thanks to security status that are more secure now, I made so many visits to the I used to went to when I was a kid. I went to fishermen village area, farm village area (include my village) and hilly area where people live their life from the forest in the mountain near their villages.


There are the Answers…!!!

Completely like Heaven and Hell. That’s comparison between the life I live here in Jakarta and the life people live there. I spent almost 400k a month for cigarette, but there people will complain just for 100 increase in price of one kilo rice. Truly, my heart are touched and almost cried for the facts I found in Aceh.

How can I abandon and left the facts of my people behind the glamour life (even me my self live the life in ordinary wayJ) here in Jakarta. Not…!!! That completely not me…!!!

I will do something for them, if I cannot than I will do something just for my relatives, and if this still too much for me, certainly I will do everything for my family. I will live this Journey and find my own missions and my own destiny, and lifting other’s burden is just one of many missions that I need to accomplish.

THIS IS NOT BEYOND BELIEF…!!!

Cheers,

dedete

[In Junior School once I said to my self; dedete is the chosen one…!]

November 8, 2007

No comments: